Prince Philip has left King Edward VII’s Hospital in London one month after he was first admitted.
The 99-year-old, who had heart surgery earlier this month, is in “good spirits” after being discharged and has now returned to Windsor Castle to be with the Queen.
Philip, who was first admitted to King Edward VII’s Hospital on February 16, had been recovering at the private facility after having heart surgery at St Bartholomew’s Hospital.
In a statement on Tuesday, Buckingham Palace said the duke was discharged “following treatment for an infection and a successful procedure for a pre-existing condition.”
“His Royal Highness wishes to thank all the medical staff who looked after him… and everyone who has sent their good wishes,” the statement said.
Prince Charles who was visiting a coronavirus vaccination centre at Finsbury Park Mosque in North London on Tuesday told press he was ‘thrilled’ that his father the Duke of Edinburgh had now left hospital.
When asked if he had spoken to his father yet, Charles replied: “Oh yes, I have spoken to him several times.”
Philip, who is set to celebrate his 100th birthday in June, is now home at Windsor Castle with the Queen.