Brave New Initiative Launches to Honour Rape Gang Survivors and Expose the Truth

Great British PAC’s Donna Edmunds launches national survivor archive to expose grooming gang scandal, support victims, and pursue justice through private prosecutions. “If Labour won’t do anything about the rape gangs, I will.”

In a move branded “utterly shameful” by MPs and campaigners alike, the Labour government has scrapped five long-promised grooming gang inquiries—just days before Easter recess, in what critics are calling a “cowardly betrayal” of thousands of survivors.

Jess Phillips, Minister for Safeguarding and Violence Against Women and Girls, sneaked into the Commons chamber with just 45 minutes’ notice on Tuesday afternoon to quietly announce that the £5million fund set aside for those vital investigations would be repurposed. Now, any local authority can apply for “bespoke” work, such as audits and victims’ panels—spreading the already meagre pot dangerously thin over more than 50 towns affected by the scandal.

The announcement sparked fury across the political spectrum, with Katie Lam, shadow safeguarding minister, leading the charge. In a blistering takedown that’s since gone viral on X, Lam laid bare the facts that many in power still dare not speak.

“The girls we are talking about are predominantly white. The men who preyed on them were predominantly Muslim… Does the Minister accept that in many cases these crimes were racially and religiously aggravated?”

But Phillips appeared visibly uninterested, firing back that Lam was “prioritising one sort of victim” over others and insisting, “There should be no hierarchy.”

Yet for many, there clearly is a hierarchy—one dictated by political expediency and fear of alienating key voting blocs. Former EHRC chair Sir Trevor Phillips didn’t mince words on Times Radio: “They are not [holding the inquiries] because of the demographic… largely Pakistani/Muslim background… and Labour-held seats and councils who would be offended by it. It is utterly shameful.”

Silenced Survivors, Sabotaged Justice

The consequences of this cowardice are devastating. Many of the survivors—some as young as 11 when first targeted—now live in fear, still bumping into their abusers in their own neighbourhoods. Others have fled their hometowns entirely, unable to cope with the trauma.

Raja Miah, the fearless campaigner who’s spent years exposing Labour’s failures in Oldham, described the government’s retreat as “a reckoning” rather than just a scandal. His tireless work has uncovered what he calls a “systematic cover-up” by senior Labour figures, including Deputy PM Angela Rayner.

His concerns are echoed by whistleblowers inside Oldham Council, who claim a deal was struck between Labour leaders and sectarian Muslim councillors to derail a long-awaited, judge-led inquiry—one that had already been watered down after government refusal to call a public inquiry.

“This isn’t just the council marking its own homework,” Miah said. “It’s writing the questions, marking the answers, and publishing whatever suits them.”

But Now, A Ray of Hope

With Labour effectively closing the door on justice, one initiative is refusing to let the truth be buried. Spearheaded by Donna Edmunds, West Midlands Regional Director for the Great British PAC, a new grassroots project is launching to do what the government won’t: uncover the full extent of the scandal, and deliver justice.

“If Labour won’t do anything about the rape gangs, I will” says Great British PAC Regional Director Donna Edmunds.

The National Archive for the Survivors of Grooming Gangs will be the UK’s first ever comprehensive repository of survivor testimonies, police records, court documents, and witness accounts—all collated into a public, historical record.

“This period must be studied like other atrocities, such as the Holocaust,” said Edmunds. “We must never again allow suicidal compassion for the outsider to get the better of us.”

But this is more than just a memorial. The Archive will be used to build legal cases—including private prosecutions of complicit police officers and council staff who turned a blind eye. Funds raised will also provide proper therapy for survivors, not the six paltry hours currently on offer from overstretched NHS services.

And the public are backing it in droves. Former MEP Rupert Lowe has already raised over £500,000 for an independent national inquiry into the scandal. This inquiry, run parallel to the Archive, will include live-streamed public hearings and result in a full, uncensored report.

“We will ask: What happened? How did it happen? Why was it allowed to happen?” said Edmunds. “And if it really does go to the top, as Raja Miah suggests—it could bring the government down.”

The Fight for Justice Starts Now

For the estimated one million survivors living among us, justice has been too long denied. And yet, the will of the British people is clear: enough is enough. A cover-up of this magnitude cannot—and will not—stand.

The Labour government may try to bury this scandal, but thanks to ordinary Britons stepping up, the truth is clawing its way to the surface.

To support the National Archive for the Survivors of Grooming Gangs, visit Edmunds’ fundraiser on GoFundMe or contact her directly at donnarachel@proton.me.

Because justice delayed is justice denied—but justice will be done.


Read Donna’s full article in the Conservative Woman here.

Click here to donate.

2 COMMENTS

  1. The problem with any private enquiry or other approach is that it has no power to compel anyone to do much of anything. Therefore, Lowe’s inquiry will get nowhere and it will be used by Labour and others to “show” that there’s nothing to see.

    All that can be done is to create the repository for any evidence and information that is already in the public domain to date – if it were to add anything else which names individuals to the public domain, it could be challenged as defamation if it hasn’t been established in court.

  2. Robert Tilbrook has already brought civil case on behalf of one of the girls and has won. The last I heard it was then going to court to seize the assets of the men to pay the compensation won.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here