Veteran broadcaster Mike Graham has been dismissed from TalkTV, despite consistently insisting that a racist post published on his Facebook page last month was not written by him, but the result of a hack that occurred after his phone was stolen.
Graham, 65, a long standing presenter and one of the channel’s most recognisable voices, was suspended in October when the post appeared on his account.
The message, which Graham deleted as soon as it was discovered, featured an image of Winston Churchill next to a crowded Tube carriage accompanied by an offensive caption which read: “Tell me we’re not f*&%ed by multicultural bollocks. Why are we surrounded by non-white people?” Graham said immediately that the words were “vile” and “not something I would ever write”.
He announced publicly at the time that he believed his Facebook had been compromised, noting that his mobile phone had been stolen just weeks beforehand, raising serious concerns about who may have gained access to his accounts.
On X, he wrote:
“On Sunday night my Facebook was accessed and a vile message was posted on my page without my knowledge. It contained words that I would never write and an opinion I don’t share… I am mortified that such a post could have gone out in my name.”
Graham apologised for any upset caused and said he had taken steps to improve his cybersecurity.
TalkTV Claims Investigation Was Obstructed, Graham Maintains Innocence
Despite Graham’s willingness to explain the situation publicly, TalkTV informed staff this week that he would not be returning, citing alleged “failures to cooperate” with an internal investigation involving an external forensic firm.
News UK said:
“Mike Graham said this was not posted by him and he agreed to cooperate with a company investigation, using an independent forensic firm. He later reneged on several opportunities to cooperate.”
The decision has raised eyebrows among some observers, who point out that Graham had made clear from the outset that the account breach was not of his making, and that he had already been dealing with a stolen phone, a factor that complicates any inquiry into how the post originated.
TalkTV’s statement did not detail what specifically Graham is alleged to have refused to do, nor whether any technical evidence supported his claim of unauthorised access.
A Popular Host With a Loyal Audience
Graham, known for his forthright broadcasting style and loyal following, had fronted several of TalkTV’s most successful programmes and also hosts the popular Plank of the Week podcast.
Support for the presenter has surged since news of his dismissal, with subscribers flocking to his new Substack. In a message to followers titled “Dear Common Sensers”, he wrote:
“I am overwhelmed by your support, please accept my gratitude to you all and know that I intend to be here for you, fighting the good fight.”
Previous Run Ins With Management
Although Graham has occasionally courted controversy, including a 2022 incident in which TalkTV apologised to the charity Mind, supporters argue that his removal over a post he denies writing feels disproportionate, especially given the well documented rise in social media hacks and account breaches.
Many believe that stronger emphasis should have been placed on determining whether his compromised phone played a role, and whether a long serving presenter deserves more benefit of the doubt before such a severe decision is taken.
What Happens Next
Graham has not yet issued a full statement on his dismissal, but with a growing independent platform and a sizeable base of supporters, he appears poised to continue broadcasting outside of TalkTV.
You can follow his new channel here: https://www.themikegrahamshow.com





